Sunday, April 1, 2012

Longboarders Unite!!

Hey there,

So one recreational activity thats been picking up lately here in Utah State is Longboarding! Its one fun thing to do and a great way to get around campus if your in a hurry or just want a good cruise. I think since the suns been out lately and there hasnt been nasty weather longboarding seems to be the best activity to do outside for a while, and i can agree to that!

So ive been longboarding since about last September when i actually got my long board. So until now, ive finally decided to pickup some of the awesome tricks that you can do on long boards. I started out simple with a Speed Check. Thats where you have your back foot hanging off a bit and kind of pushing with it to create a slide effect, it helps to slow down your speed a tad bit when your going down hill and stuff. Ive been working on those and i can do them a whole lot more frequent than i use to, also i can do them a lot more wide like. One thing that ive also been working on is a Coleman Slide with a pair of slide glove. I made my own gloves so that i could do hands down tricks.


This is the model of my long board:

With these Sector 9 Racing Formula 76 mm wheels and a durometer of 80a (I know, there a little scandalous)




Bad News:

While doing some of the tricks that ive learned with a few of my friends i recently kind of curbed the front of my long board... it sucks...


Good News:

I most likely going to get a new board over the summer when i can pay for one!


5 Reasons Why I Should Buy A New Board:

1). Its kind of damaged.

2). Its not Symmetrical, In which it has only one front and one back. I need a board that when i can pull off a 180 slide or coleman slide ill be riding the same way on the board.

3). I need a concave board.

4). I need a board that is built for downhill riding and free riding.

5). Last but not least.... I REALLY want to get a new one, because i want to make a better decision this time.

These are the boards im looking into getting:



               













With maybe these wheels:


Cool Huh?!

Im truly excited for a new board. I just need about $250 to spend! Shouldnt be that hard to get that much money... haha.

Later Days.

1 comment: